747 production to end in 2020

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: 747 production to end in 2020

Postby tor lives » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:05 am

Adam the Akrodude wrote:
hrtpaul wrote:
Adam the Akrodude wrote:You are being a bit harsh as it wasn't for engineers to design the aeroplane you work on and pilots to wear them out and occasionally bend them, you'd be out of a job mate! :D

Righto princess. Come up to Mendi with me next week and I'll let you loose on the Comanche if heaven forbid, that piece of shit is still there and we'll see how harsh you think I'm being after you've had a crack at some "marvellous" engineering designs. Once again, you forget that you DON'T fly in the beginning if engineers don't build the aircraft. Pilots ARE last place in the food chain whether ya like it of not.

it's a symbiotic relationship - engineers, pilots and LAME's can't exist without each other. Then throw in all the other trades/jobs in aviation, then the regulating government organisations, etc - it's basically a freakin miracle any aeroplane is able to launch into the wide blue yonder! :?

Yep......have to agree with Adam here.
Not much point designing/building/maintaining an aircraft if there is no one to fly it, fill it, train people to operate it etc, etc.
TOR
tor lives

Postby Ansett A330 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:32 am

tor lives wrote:This is why mechanical engineers should stick to "making the World go round", and leave the comedy to the comedians :D

Fixed and yes you're right I'll leave any attempt at levity alone from now on.

tor lives wrote:PS: who the f@#k is "Willy"
TOR

Ray, Ray, Ray, Ray, Ray (Damn slipped already! Sorry poor attempt at Reliability Humour there - the "Ray" version of "5 Whys") I know you're not that much younger than me but did you miss out on watching "ALF" on TV in your teens?
Ansett A330

Postby Ansett A330 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:40 am

tor lives wrote:Man.....this is WAY too deep for me. It makes my head hurt :? .
TOR

Oops! I think I just heard the "boom" of an exploding head from here!
Ansett A330

Postby tor lives » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:31 pm

Ansett A330 wrote:
tor lives wrote: PS: who the f@#k is "Willy"
TOR

Ray, Ray, Ray, Ray, Ray (Damn slipped already! Sorry poor attempt at Reliability Humour there - the "Ray" version of "5 Whys") I know you're not that much younger than me but did you miss out on watching "ALF" on TV in your teens?

Didn't do a whole lot of TV-watching in my teens, but rather, I was outside doing paper rounds, riding bikes, flying Cox model control line aeroplanes, making models, playing club baseball, having air rifle "wars" with the neighbour, (which I would always win, cause my air rifle had a 20-round magazine), riding skateboards, participating in Air Cadets at RAAF Base Amberley, drooling over hot V8 high performance VB, VC, VH, and VK Commodores etc....and then I discovered girls :shock: :D, so ALF was not high on my list of priorities, (must be an engineer thing :D ) .
TOR
tor lives

Postby Ansett A330 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:05 pm

ALF was prime night time viewing in those days so was a good break from studying.

Did you grow up in Ipswich Ray?
Ansett A330

Postby tor lives » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:11 pm

Ansett A330 wrote:ALF was prime night time viewing in those days so was a good break from studying.

Did you grow up in Ipswich Ray?

Yes I did.
During "prime time" I was usually at my part-time job at the Ipswich Big Rooster store.
TOR
tor lives

Previous

Return to Crew Lounge