Tragic news of Bugatti 100P crashing

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Tragic news of Bugatti 100P crashing

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:48 am

As a mark of respect, I just wanted to note here the tragic loss of Scotty Wilson in his Bugatti 100P over the weekend. This very talented man inspired many recreating this extraordinarily beautiful aeroplane and proving that it could fly. It's just so tragic that this happened on what appears to have been it's last flight in any case. Everything in life worth doing involves some kind of risk - Scotty Wilson knew this better than most. He delighted us by recreating something so beautiful. It is just so tragic and awful that this dream that became real, then became a nightmare. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. If you're out there in the ether somewhere Scotty, thankyou sir.

Adam the Akrodude

Re: Tragic news of Bugatti 100P crashing

Postby Graeme H » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:03 pm

Sad indeed, blue skies
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby oz rb fan » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:45 pm

i couldn't agree more a tragedy for his family and friends and the aviation community as a whole,to creat such a stunning plane was incredible....to fly it even more so,i've been following the project for the last few years and i'm both staggered at what the achieved and gutted at the end result..whilst this was to be this planes last flight(she was going to a museum in the UK) they were making plans for a single engined two seat version for the home build market..they were planning on starting the prototype fairly soon.
Blue skies and tailwinds Scotty :(
oz rb fan

Postby tor lives » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:58 pm

Well said and sentiments well-expressed gents.
Having followed this project also....I was unexpectedly emotionally impacted on hearing of this tragedy over the weekend. Indeed I was left with a strange hollow feeling that I have felt only twice before.....the collapse of the Twin Towers, and the crash of the Concorde. RIP you amazing airman in your amazing flying machine.
TOR
tor lives

Return to Crew Lounge