Friggen computers

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Friggen computers

Postby tor lives » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:19 pm

I have just about had enough of my computer dictating to me what is what. Last week was spent fighting off continual forced "Windows 10" installations, and now today my computer has decided that my home/landing page will now be MSN.com instead of my preferred Google, (and it now prevents me from changing back by apparently eliminating the "settings" tab from the "internet options" tab menu. WTF is going on here.......as I have said before, is this the rise of the machines :? .
TOR
tor lives

Re: Friggen computers

Postby Graeme H » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:38 pm

I have been getting messages about my Windows 10 upgrade is scheduled for 19th Apr, for the last 2 days or so, but there is an option to not accept the schedule, otherwise if you just close the pop up window, it will do it
Same thing with Homepage, got first one today, and again if you take the quick option of just closing the box it will change you to Msn, looked carefully and you had to tick the box to keep your old home page
the thing is it did say it would be permanent, I have not looked to see if I can change from the old one anyway.
I think it is all done to make us all move over to Chrome or Firefox, both of which are quite nice to deal with most of the time.

The other thing you could try, is to reset your computer to an earlier time before they did the "upgrade", then answer the pop ups to stop it happening again.

Control Panel, System and Security, Action Centre, restore your computer to an earlier time
Graeme
Graeme H

Return to Crew Lounge