Poor Brussels

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Poor Brussels

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:38 am

My deepest heartfelt sympathies go out to the people of Brussels this morning. The world has once again witnessed another barbaric and cowardly attack on innocent civilian lives, people just starting their day travelling. Wishing Belgium's authorities every success in the speedy apprehension of these vile excuses for humanity that organised and conducted these horrific crimes.
Adam the Akrodude

Re: Poor Brussels

Postby tor lives » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:12 am

Yeah....this one particularly hit home.
Now that I am away from the airport environment, I can admit that, as a former Airport Manager, this was my biggest fear and was always in the back of my mind. It used to very much concern and worry me how vulnerable to this kind of attack my airport terminal was, (and still is :? ) .
My heart goes out to all the people of Belgium......but I especially feel for the Brussels Airport Manager, his/her staff, and all other airline personnel and passengers who have been directly affected by this gutless act perpetrated by a very gutless organisation.
And a public message to ISIS from me......if your God is telling you that blowing up and killing innocent civilians is the right thing to do, then you need a new God folks. I will pray to the Patron Saint of B-52s for you!!!
TOR
tor lives

Re: Poor Brussels

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:23 am

Hey Ray - knew this would hit home big time. Thought whether or not to post this, but these events cannot be ignored can they.

Having a mate who is a ex-RAAF armourer, I know the patron saint for all things that explode is St Barbara.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Barbara
Adam the Akrodude

Return to Crew Lounge