Some tough decisions now need to be made

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: Some tough decisions now need to be made

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:43 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:

And yes Paul, I'm both shocked and proud of your post! You sir are a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma! :D

Don't forget stored in the baggage compartment of a Piper Aztec..
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby F-27pax » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:55 pm

Well gentlemen, riddle, mystery or Piper Aztec, I'm in furious agreement with both of you. I don't find the FB page very interesting, there are some nice photos but there's no conversation and certainly no forum for exchanging ideas and getting and giving help. I've probably learned more about making model airliners from interactions on this site in the last couple of years than I've gleaned from all the other websites since there started being such things. (For eg, the recent responses to my query about making 707-138s got the kinds of responses that made it clear to me that the project would be possible and, in fact, not a difficult challenge at all. Of which more later.)

In other words, for me at least, this is perhaps the most useful site I regularly visit apart from the professional ones that I use.

It would be a great pity if this site were to disappear and perhaps promoting it through the FB page would be very useful. On the other hand, I do not know how much it is costing Ray to keep this site open for us and therefore don't know what needs to be done to help defray enough of that cost to help persuade him that it is a good and noble thing he does for us all. Or is there a way of stripping this site down so it is less expensive to run. For example, is there a need for galleries when that kind of thing is well suited to the FB page. I too am having trouble logging on to this site. Once I tell the computer I want to come here I virtually go off and make a cup of tea, and it has loaded by the time I get back. The other thing we should be aware of is that at this point in time it is more important for Ray to concentrate on his career than it is to tinker around with this site. (We will say nothing about his purchase of lovely Amodel kits of civil aeroplanes, which is an addiction I share.) So, if he does decide to keep this forum running for us we should do what we can to help make the process as easy and simple and inexpensive as we can for him.

If nothing else, Ray had better steer clear of me if he sees me coming in his direction in the future because I am likely to stuff money in his pocket in the hope of inducing him to keep going.

Leigh
F-27pax

Postby oz rb fan » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:24 pm

Leigh.......I cuoldnt have said it better.

I'm not an airli e modeler....but I do the odd civil beast..racers mainly...but this is one of the first places I come when I come home........ray if I need to....I too will put money in your pocket!!!!!!
oz rb fan

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:52 am

This will be a great topic for discussion at Expo this year huh! I will post links on the FB page for some future posts I make on the forum. Perhaps if a few of us give this a go, it will be interesting to see if this generates any extra traffic to the website.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby scotty100368 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:07 pm

I was quite happy to keep putting in my $25 each year - although I understand it would put other folks off from joining...

Maybe have it as a voluntary policy? Just a suggestion...

Scott.
Scott Garard
former QF ramper (Thanks alot AJ!)
now Aust Post van driver
scotty100368

Previous

Return to Crew Lounge