"Molly" and that crap 707 representation

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

"Molly" and that crap 707 representation

Postby tor lives » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:21 pm

Just watching the mini series "Molly" ......WORST CGI representation of a Qantas 707 I have EVER seen :roll: .
Suggestion to Channel 7.....the next time you need a Qantas 707 as a back drop, just go to the Qantas Founders Museum and use the real thing for Christ sake. It wouldn't cost you much, and the end result would be far more convincing. You could have even approached Qantas to use Retro Roo 1 .....wrong aircraft-type sure, (but if you just focused on the front-end no one would know that it is not a 707), but at least the period colour scheme would have been accurate.
TOR
tor lives

Re: "Molly" and that crap 707 representation

Postby F-27pax » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:42 pm

The trouble is that tv and movie producers just don't care. They go to infinite detail with just about everything they do but when it comes to aeroplanes they don't seem to care. We recently started watching a British movie from 1959 called Jetstream which took place on an airliner. From the outside it was a Tu-104, on the inside it was a Viscount but it also had a Stratocruiser lower deck. I don't know what the rest of the movie was like, they had already lost me.

Leigh
F-27pax

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:26 am

Ah, this is part of the "curse" of being a aerosexual. 99.99% of humanity would not of picked this up or even noticed. Kind of like the morphing An-12/C-130 in WWZ. We are cursed with some knowledge in things aeronautical, which will ruin in part TV programs and movies not up to our high standards forever.

Another example. I flicked on the TV last night to be surprised and initially delighted with a SR-71 program on SBS. Throughout the program there were actor scenes mixed with actual footage. The actor scenes were laughable with the actors wearing what looked like CFA orange overalls and some perhaps ex-Russian "fish bowl" space helmet to replicate the David Clarke full pressure suit. It looked so stupid! What saved the program was SR-71 stories told by actual crew members - that was awesome luckily. No mention sadly of "Operation El Dorado" SR-71 flights which pissed me off! Brian Shul got his SR-71 up to Mach 3.5 on his post strike recon flight over Libya - not bad huh!

We'll all continue to be pissed off by lazy short cuts made by TV/film exec's - save a few dollars because the bulk of humanity doesn't give a shit regarding accuracy and detail unlike we "aerosexuals"!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:58 pm

So this is the best Channel 7 could do apparently:
What a horrible representation. Check out the oversize engines and black nose. This is no way to represent the queen of the skies.
TOR
tor lives

Return to Crew Lounge