A/CAM site Vs A/CAM FB Page membership

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

A/CAM site Vs A/CAM FB Page membership

Postby tor lives » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:58 pm

Hi folks,
I have noticed that the A/CAM Facebook page now has more members than the A/CAM site (133 vs 117). I have to be completely honest here and say that this is a situation that I am not entirely comfortable with. The purpose of the A/CAM FB page was to promote the A/CAM site....not eclipse or supersede it. I have, on several occasions now, pleaded with the A/CAM FB page members to join the site but, apart from one or two, this has largely fallen on deaf ears. I am not quiet sure what I should do about this situation, but if the site membership does not grow, it's on-going viability will have to be reviewed.
TOR
tor lives

Re: A/CAM site Vs A/CAM FB Page membership

Postby RHB785 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:44 pm

:D, Hi Ray. This is not good. I've recommended the forum to a member of ARC who lives in Canberra via PM over there. I've also recommended the forum to my Air League cadets as a good resource for their modelling activities as it is a site where we are mostly civil towards one another and you step in when things get a bit out of hand so parents shouldn't have any worries there. I'll keep recommending the forum to other modellers and let's just see what happens here. Perhaps the other members could also recommned the forum to their mates. That's probably the best way to grow a forum although I must admit I stumbled across you fellows purely by accident. I was looking for something else but found you people instead and never did bother to keep looking for that other place.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Postby tor lives » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:36 pm

RHB785 wrote::D, Hi Ray. This is not good. I've recommended the forum to a member of ARC who lives in Canberra via PM over there. I've also recommended the forum to my Air League cadets as a good resource for their modelling activities as it is a site where we are mostly civil towards one another and you step in when things get a bit out of hand so parents shouldn't have any worries there. I'll keep recommending the forum to other modellers and let's just see what happens here. Perhaps the other members could also recommned the forum to their mates. That's probably the best way to grow a forum although I must admit I stumbled across you fellows purely by accident. I was looking for something else but found you people instead and never did bother to keep looking for that other place.

Regards,
RHB.

Thanks for your support Ross, and it is great to have you here as a "regular". We will keep plodding a long and see how it all goes. I have sunk to much $$ into the site to just switch it off.
TOR
tor lives

Postby RHB785 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:20 pm

I'm glad to hear that Ray. This truly is a "civilised" site; one that I have no problems recommending to anyone.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Return to Crew Lounge