Russkies in Syria

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Russkies in Syria

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:23 pm

Now it's getting really complicated over there! Russkie cruise missiles fired from the Caspian Sea over the last couple of days as well. NATO getting pretty nervous with Russian airspace incursions into Turkey - hmmm!

Some interesting footage from the Latakia airbase in Syria of these Russkie jets - Su-24's, 25's, 30's and 34's. Quite a mix have been deployed down there.

http://theaviationist.com/2015/10/02/video-inside-latakia-airbase-syria/

Adam the Akrodude

Re: Russkies in Syria

Postby tor lives » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:46 pm

Interesting to see the Russian star painted out.....wonder what's behind that.
This has got "major f@#k up waiting to happen" written all over it :?
Russian jets striking Syrian targets, with Iranian jets striking Iraqi targets, not to mention what the Saudi Air Force is doing. And all this in the relatively confined airspace being shared by Coalition Air Forces......and everyone with their own agendas and mandates...... Mmmmmmmm. I sure hope no one does anything stupid!!!
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:20 pm

Shitfight just waiting to happen. That's all I'm sayin :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby RHB785 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:03 am

Maybe Paul, but I do like the groundies' drabs, in both shorts and longs and especially the kepe type caps. I have one of those with my St. John Ambulance duty uniform but the neck guard is too short and doesn't cover my ears properly. I wonder if friend Ivan would miss one of his if I slunk over there and pinched one while the owner was asleep. :lol: :lol: :lol: Actually the man holding the maintenance form pad in the third pic down looks like he's wearing a slouch hat with a kepe protecting his neck. The gears in my head are turning again.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:55 pm

It's getting messy alright. Very interesting that the Russkies are being so open with what they are doing - not giving a whole lot of notice when firing off cruise missiles though! Imagine being a operator on-board a Wedgetail and watching those cruise missiles pop out of the Caspian Sea and zoom across the display toward Syria (with some apparently crashing in Iran!). That would have been a "exciting" shift!

The US has had some issues with drones and a close call with fighter with "conflicting" airspace with the Russkies. Turkey has had issues as well with over-flights and even perhaps some "hassling" along the boarder with Russkie fighters. One can only hope that cool heads will prevail. They all need to sit down and work out who is doing what and where.
Adam the Akrodude

Return to Crew Lounge