First flight in 5 months...

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: First flight in 5 months...

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:55 pm

Cap'n Wannabe wrote:Bring it on!

Wonder how many times they've had to wash vomit off it and the floor!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby RHB785 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:20 pm

Ok you blokes. That's it. Enough. Or I might just have to find that Super Decathlon and strap it on for an hour or so when I come down to Melbourne in October (with an instructor of course.) Speaking of vomitting in an aeroplane, when I was posted at 2OCU the rule was "You spew it, you clean it, no exceptions." One day we had an elderly Grp Cpt come back from a back seat Mirage ride and he'd been crook in the cockpit. He had it all over his flying suit and all over the floor. As he came down the ladder he asked us where he could get a mop and bucket. We told him "Don't worry about it Sir, we'll do that for you." His reply was "thank you fellas but I know the rule here, I'll do it if you don't mind, It's my mess so I'll clean it up." And he did, we showed him where the cleaners room was and it was a privilege to see him out there humbly doing the job someone else could have done.

On a different note we had a young 20 year old bog rat Plt Off one day who had for months been blowing his own trumpet to anyone who'd listen (and they were becoming fewer and fewer) about how great he was and how all those "old fart" instructors should retire and let the next generation take over. One day the CO had had a gut full of his arrogance and decided to take him up in a dual Mirage and show him a thing or two. Mainly how little he really knew. On their return an hour later he came down the ladder looking like the Grp Cpt had. When his feet hit the ground he turned to me and said "LAC Blackford, get a mop and bucket, I've been sick in there, it needs to be cleaned up before the next ride." With this the CO turned on him. "LAC Blackford, you'll do no such thing. He knows where to find a mop and bucket and he also knows the rules, "you spew it, you clean it, no exceptions." Now get your arrogant arse over there and get a mop and bucket and clean up your own bloody mess. The boys have more to do than clean up after you, you're not a baby anymore. Although, on second thoughts I sometimes have to wonder about that. Have you not learned anything from this ride I just took you on? Why do you think I took you up? It was to teach you a lesson. Obviously I didn't do too well at that, now get moving Plt Off."

The Boss's respect quotient only increased as a result of this conversation. He already had most peoples' respect but now he had the respect of everyone and the bog rat was humbled by a little bit of humiliation. He soon straightened out his ways and attitudes towards everyone and quickly learned his place in the world. After that he became a good fighter pilot but without that experience he probably would have failed the Mirage course.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:36 pm

Second flight in 5 months.....more spins - only about half an hour's worth - then a couple of circuits to finish up. The end result is not only does my instructor think I'm competent to enter into a spin, he also believes I won't crash....and I have the logbook entry to prove it! Win/win, I say! :D
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:46 pm

Nice work mate :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:54 pm

Cap'n Wannabe wrote:Second flight in 5 months.....more spins - only about half an hour's worth - then a couple of circuits to finish up. The end result is not only does my instructor think I'm competent to enter into a spin, he also believes I won't crash....and I have the logbook entry to prove it! Win/win, I say! :D

I hope all these inflight undertakings were done in a aerodynamically, mechanically, and astatically superior Piper Aztec :D
TOR
tor lives

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:57 pm

hrtpaul wrote:Nice work mate :)

Cheers Paul!

tor lives wrote:
Cap'n Wannabe wrote:Second flight in 5 months.....more spins - only about half an hour's worth - then a couple of circuits to finish up. The end result is not only does my instructor think I'm competent to enter into a spin, he also believes I won't crash....and I have the logbook entry to prove it! Win/win, I say! :D

I hope all these inflight undertakings were done in a aerodynamically, mechanically, and astatically superior Piper Aztec :D
TOR

Unfortunately not....best I could do was rustle up a Decathlon. However, when I take Paul up, I'll make sure it's in an Azec.....it'll be sure to take his mind off his Tigermoth flight! :twisted:
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:07 pm

Keep dreamin pal :P
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Previous

Return to Crew Lounge