Civvie Skyhawk

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: Civvie Skyhawk

Postby DesTROYer » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:54 pm

Are Draken not a Private Army/Mercenaries?
DesTROYer

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:59 pm

Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:47 pm

tor lives wrote:
Adam the Akrodude wrote:Those Scooters are stunning! Someone has to build one for next years Civvie category!

As much as I would like it to be, I am not sure weather it would be accepted into the civvie category. Reason being is that it sports a "military style" camo scheme. As the Expo Committee explained to me, if the aircraft in question wears a predominantly military scheme, (regardless of a civil registration), it would not be eligible for entry into the civvie, (or more correctly...non-military), category.
Still....ya don't know if ya don't try.
TOR

I probably wouldn't enter this A-4 in the civvie category anyway because of the paint job. When we first started this category, I was very adament that there should be no military schemes whatsoever in the category, regardless of rego. Other categories cater for this sort of thing. There were a couple of entries in the civvie category this year that I personally thought they shouldn't have been there. A little annoyed in fact but I'm over it. I was gonna mix and match various Hasegawa bits to get one from an A-4E/F but that won't happen due to the intakes being different. And Hasegawa A-4C's and L's are rather expensive with the cheapest I've been able to find being about AUD$100. I'm not that keen. The search for an A-4C or A-4L continues :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:04 pm

Well it appears I'm the new owner of a Hasegawa 1/48 A-4SU which happens to be the same kit as the A-4C and A-4L with a few extra resin bits for the SU. Picked it up off of Trademe in Un Zed for $56. Pretty happy with that. So I can now do this A-4L and an Argy A-4C with the Hobbycraft kit I got from Modelnerds :)
hrtpaul

Postby oz rb fan » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:36 pm

crap......thats the one scooter i want to get :o :shock: ...now if they did an TA4s 8-)
oz rb fan

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:02 am

It's been a mission to find one mate. the C, L and SU are hard to find. I know where you can get a C/L conversion for the much easier to obtain Hasegawa E/F kit. I was going this route before I fond the SU. The SU decals are yours if you want them mate :)
hrtpaul

Postby oz rb fan » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:35 pm

i might just take you up on that......i wonder if the resin intakes and exhausts would fit a hobby craft one?
oz rb fan

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:15 pm

The conversion from Argentina I was looking at is specifically for the Hasegawa A-4E/F. Not sure if it would work with the Hobbycraft Kit. Here's the webpage http://www.aconcaguamodels.com.ar/prod/det_d_01.htm
They also do a 1/48 Pucara I'll get my hands on 1 day 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
hrtpaul

Previous

Return to Crew Lounge