Awesome Aerobatics Vid

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Awesome Aerobatics Vid

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:32 pm

Check this chick out flying some sedate aeros :)
https://www.facebook.com/IAFSu30/videos ... 165211169/
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: Awesome Aerobatics Vid

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:01 pm

Found the full vid on Youtube - brilliant! Sveta is a aerobatic goddess! I know a guy who fell immediately in love with her upon seeing her at a WAC. She of course took no notice of him whatsoever! :lol:

This is fascinating, as she is not flying what has been her usual mount of many years - the Suk-26/31. This would have required a lot of practice and some un-learning of muscle memory forged over many years into her brain and muscles. The prop goes in the opposite direction on Lycomings versus the M-14P and this changes everything. Sveta of course is immensely talented and I'm sure this was a simple and straight-forward process, but it is very interesting non the less. I wonder why she's moved into a Extra 330 (my current fav akro machine and the one I'd buy should I win Tatts!)?

There is just so much to take in with this vid and I'll be watching it a few times. Thanks very much Paul for finding it.

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Nicolas_Fantich » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:01 am

hrtpaul wrote:Check this chick out flying some sedate aeros ............

You crack me up mate - :lol: :lol: - you are soooooooooo far out of the ball park :roll:

But then I guess you can't see far past 'The King of the Mountain', right ? Or your aerosexual poster boy ? :lol: :lol:

It seems you are right on the money, Adam. Here's Svetlana with a little something for her adoring pupils and fans. Hang about until the end. Did you catch 'it' Adam ? ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-zlnf9YWko

Svetlana is truly impressive in that she appears to be at one with the machine she is in and trusts it and herself fully. She even manages a smile and a wave to the cam at 1:20 into the video.

I tell you, I'd do more than the cooking, cleaning, washing and taking out the garbage if I was fortunate enough to know this woman. Hey, I already do it now :lol: :lol:

Good find mate. An impressive video of a similarly impressive sportswoman.
Nicolas

On the Bench
1/144 Academy Douglas DC-6B - Adria Airways YU-AFF
1/48 Revell North American P-51D Mustang 'Miss America'
1/72 Airfix North American P-51D (Cavalier) Mustang N51RH
1/72 Airfix North American P-51D Mustang N64CL 'Miss Van Nuys'
Nicolas_Fantich

Postby tor lives » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:42 am

I am intrigued......who/what is an "aerosexual poster boy"?????? :shock:
And all be up-standing and please bow when you mention "The King Of The Mountain" :D
TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:28 am

Hi Nicolas

I could (and may possibly) watch this vid 50 times and I'll get something out of it each time. In the Laser, I got up to Intermediate level (and flew it pretty averagely admittedly!) which just starts to incorporate inverted manoeuvres such as inverted turns and half outside loops. Snap rolls (flicks) are also introduced into the sequences. Sveta would not even bother making eye contact let with a lowly Intermediate pilot! So, watching Sveta go through this freestyle with the very high degree of inverted manoeuvres (stick forward and usually in one corner) is mind-blowing, daunting and humbling. She loves to do negative snap rolls and Lomi's (Lomcevak) which is a low speed tumbling manoeuvre - stick in one forward corner and full opposite rudder. Speed has to be low, otherwise there is risk over over-G. Over negative G can result in nice red eyes and even black eyes afterwards. Met a instructor who very sillily did a tummy squeeze (used for positive G) when doing negative G. He looked like a panda for a few days due to the black eyes he gave himself.

Sveta flies very "Russian" of course. She often uses two hands on the stick, which is very much a Russian technique - a good one at that. I love how she gives the stick a little shake at the end of each manoeuvre - a competition technique to show the judges the end of the manoeuvre - it's a very subtle thing she does, but gives the manoeuvre a "crisp" look when watching. Watch when she is doing multiple horizontal rolls - see the high degree of stick movement forward and backward and top and bottom rudder during the roll. In competition, it's rare to do more than one roll in succession, so it's interesting to me to see her stick and foot movements during a manoeuvre like this.

Cute her waving at the camera from time to time. I'd like to know if she has totally moved over to flying a Extra, or just does this from time to time. It would be pretty hard to fly both the Suk and a Extra at this top level, as everything is different with the prop's going in opposite directions to each other.

BTW Nic, I have that little A-Models Pitts to send you - I will PM you about this.

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Tony P » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:56 am

Adam the Akrodude wrote:She often uses two hands on the stick, which is very much a Russian technique - a good one at that. I love how she gives the stick a little shake at the end of each manoeuvre

Indeed Matron!

Sorry couldn't resist. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
You don’t concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done- Chuck Yeager.
Tony P

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:18 pm

Tony P wrote:
Adam the Akrodude wrote:She often uses two hands on the stick, which is very much a Russian technique - a good one at that. I love how she gives the stick a little shake at the end of each manoeuvre

Indeed Matron!

Sorry couldn't resist. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Oh that's funny Tony - you are no doubt a aficionado of the late Benny Hill - a comic genius! It's only when I see my words separated from the context of Sveta's flying technique, that it does sound like something very different! :oops:

:lol:
Adam the Akrodude

Postby RHB785 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:14 pm

Ooh. :lol: That smarts!

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Return to Crew Lounge