Keith Meggs series on Australian aviation.

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Keith Meggs series on Australian aviation.

Postby RHB785 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:13 am

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question but I'll ask it here anyway. Does anyone know if Keith Meggs series of books on Australian designed and built aircraft is still available or even in print still? Derek Buckmaster told me some time ago that it has photos and plans and specifications of all the Australian designed and built aircraft from the early days up till lately. Is this true? and if it is I'd like to get my hands on the whole series even though I know it isn't cheap. Some day I"d like to build the Amsco Monoplane, Lasco Lascoter with Puma engine as I think the AW radial looks ugly on this bird and of course the Lasconder.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Re: Keith Meggs series on Australian aviation.

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi Ross

I know the book series you are talking about. Keith Meggs is a legend! What Keith doesn't know about Aussie aviation from our past ain't worth knowing. I met him some time ago at a Aviation Historical Society meeting. A old flying buddy and his father were very involved with this group with the father being the editor of their magazine for many years and once owned a Auster for many years.

Here's a link on how to get these books.

http://www.ahsa.org.au/history.html

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Re: Keith Meggs series on Australian aviation.

Postby RHB785 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:19 pm

Many thanks Adam, really apreciate the info mate. I'll email them today.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Return to Crew Lounge