Civilian Category: Model Expo 2015.

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Civilian Category: Model Expo 2015.

Postby Nillus » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:35 pm

I'm obviously a bit simple...
ME 18 (or 20) is what exactly?
Where does the nomenclature come from?

There must be a manual or text or rule book I'm missing here.

As for over complicating the issue, I have no idea how complex or simple it should/could/must be.

That's why I suggested we get on the front foot and put something in place after the expo dust has settled.
Glad it is being addressed, though...Blackhawk, you sound like a knowledgeable resource.
Nillus

Postby erussell » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:04 pm

You can take it as read that this will be discussed in a post-Expo 2014 meeting. If the amount of support evidenced by the proposed display is sufficient, I don't see why it won't happen in 2015. The number of 'entrants' as well as the number of models in this display would be considered relevant.
Incidentally, Model Expo is not an IPMS event. There are a number of IPMS members on the committee and a number of members from other clubs.
Ed Russell @ Red Roo Models
erussell

Postby tor lives » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:07 pm

erussell wrote:You can take it as read that this will be discussed in a post-Expo 2014 meeting. If the amount of support evidenced by the proposed display is sufficient, I don't see why it won't happen in 2015. The number of 'entrants' as well as the number of models in this display would be considered relevant.
Incidentally, Model Expo is not an IPMS event. There are a number of IPMS members on the committee and a number of members from other clubs.

Thanks for that Ed, and welcome on board mate, it's great to have you here.
Ray
tor lives

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:15 pm

Salty wrote:I'm obviously a bit simple...
ME 18 (or 20) is what exactly?
Where does the nomenclature come from?

There must be a manual or text or rule book I'm missing here.

As for over complicating the issue, I have no idea how complex or simple it should/could/must be.

That's why I suggested we get on the front foot and put something in place after the expo dust has settled.
Glad it is being addressed, though...Blackhawk, you sound like a knowledgeable resource.

ME18 or ME20 is just the category code; Model Expo category 1 to whatever. It's in their handbook found here. You'll see what I mean if you read through it.
http://www.modelexpo.com.au/resources.html

The Australian Model Expo is a trading name of IPMS Australia Inc.
_BlackHawk_

Postby Nillus » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:17 pm

Thank you, Sir.
Nillus

Postby Capt NG » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:52 pm

Welcome ed, I pulled out one of your fly model, red roo Aussie specific DC-9' s last week...next kit off the shelf to be done.. Ansett of course. :)
It's hard for me to get used to these changing times... I remember when the air was clean and the sex was dirty..
Capt NG

Postby Knotty » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:59 pm

Welcome Ed , I'll be attempting the excellent RedRoo DC-4 conversion after Expo .......can't wait it looks fantastic .
Knotty

Postby erussell » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:46 pm

Knotty wrote: RedRoo DC-4 conversion after Expo .......can't wait

fly model, red roo Aussie specific DC-9' s last week...next kit off the shelf to be done.

Good stuff guys... keep at it and make sure you take pictures at the end. The new Red Roo web site will have a gallery feature.

We have another easy airliner conversion in our minds and are always interested to hear ideas for them.
Ed Russell @ Red Roo Models
erussell

Postby Knotty » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:50 pm

Will do Ed , the conversion is great . Thanks to RedRoo for bringing these to us ,I know myself and others really appreciate it .
Knotty

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:18 pm

erussell wrote:We have another easy airliner conversion in our minds and are always interested to hear ideas for them.

In that case Ed, I'd better move my TAA DC-9 up the build order :) Awesome to see a great company supporting this joint. Well done Red Roo *standing ovation* :D
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

PreviousNext

Return to Model Talk