Civilian Category: Model Expo 2015.

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Civilian Category: Model Expo 2015.

Postby Nillus » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:48 pm

To get on the front foot so as to have no excuses next year, why not start with determining precisely what is wanted as category(ies) for civvy awards next year and then go down the path of applying to the Model Expo organisers via the correct channels ASAP after close of business Model Expo 2014?

Looking from the outside (ie no expo/competition experience at all) I imagine the paperwork needs to be submitted as a start.
As possibly the only civvy modelling website in Australia, the responsibility for such a task would fall on the shoulders of the members of this website...n'est ce pas?
Nillus

Re: Civilian Category: Model Expo 2015.

Postby Knotty » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 am

I agree Salty , there is no other way to go with this . Let's just keep our traps shut ,and submit the correct paper work to the hard Woking Expo committee after Expo .
Knotty

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:26 am

As I mentioned in the other post regarding the new Civvy-Light category, yes we could have all run at this like a bull at a gate, but other events prevented this. As is typical, external events have dictated the pace of getting this new category up and it's absolutely no big deal I think. I do believe in fact that this has all worked out for the best, given the launch of this new magnificent site! A/CAM is our new club and we have the opportunity to assist showcase this club and at the same time showcase our desire to launch this new category for 2015. It's a win/win for everyone. Expo committee members will be able to witness our enthusiasm and commitment by viewing some of our civvy models on the A/CAM table.
I'm very much reminded of that old joke about two bulls up on a hill surveying their herd of females below. Says the young bull, "Let's race down and have one of those females!!!!!". Says the old wise bull, "No son, lets walk down and have them all!".
So, let's now do our best to populate Expo with plenty of bright, shiny and spectacular civvy birds both in competition and on Ray's table (hope it's big enough?) and "'ave 'em all!". Post Expo, we can submit our formal proposal to Expo committee for their consideration. Sound like a plan?

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:57 am

I would simply say this.....I promised everyone that I would do my best to get a Civil Aircraft model site up and running. I give you all my undertaking that I will work equally as hard to get a Civil Aircraft category introduced at Model Expo....but it will be done working in close cooperation and partnership with the Model Expo Committee. After all, the Model Expo guys have been very supportive of A/CAM and it's goals up to now. They have very graciously given us a large area for our inaugural display, they have allowed us the privilege of sponsoring a competition category, and they have even featured us on their web page (Model Expo Sponsors). Clearly Model Expo have demonstrated much good will and shown us by their actions so far they are willing to work with us. I consider the Model Expo Committee to be a friend of A/CAM and it is from this perspective that we will move forward together.
Ray
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:00 pm

I'm in peeps :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:07 pm

"Looking from the outside ie with no Expo/competition experience at all...".....and that's the problem. What paperwork? The show is run by members of IPMS that are the Model Expo committee. You guys are way over complicating what is a very simple thing.

It's very easy ok. Send an email to Rene or to the expo email address, propose a new category for civil aircraft including warbirds in civil colour schemes (I will write out the proposed category description to include if you want) say ACAM will sponsor it (if you are going to), say you have xxxx number of members already willing to support the category and xxxx amount of kits ready to go. Done, that will be taken to a committee meeting at one of the guys houses, discussed over probably pizza and beer around the dining room table and voted on. SIMPLE!!

Post edited due inappropriate language.
Brad....Read the code-of-conduct and watch your step.
I will not tolerate this on-going BS from you.
That's Strike one!!
Ray
_BlackHawk_

Postby tor lives » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:27 pm

_BlackHawk_ wrote:"Looking from the outside ie with no Expo/competition experience at all...".....and that's the problem. What paperwork? The show is run by members of IPMS that are the Model Expo committee. You guys are way over complicating what is a very simple thing.

It's very easy ok. Send an email to Rene or to the expo email address, propose a new category for civil aircraft including warbirds in civil colour schemes (I will write out the proposed category description to include if you want) say ACAM will sponsor it (if you are going to), say you have xxxx number of members already willing to support the category and xxxx amount of kits ready to go. Done, that will be taken to a committee meeting at one of the guys houses, discussed over probably pizza and beer around the dining room table and voted on. SIMPLE!!

Post edited due inappropriate language.
Brad....Read the code-of-conduct and watch your step.
I will not tolerate this on-going BS from you.
That's Strike one!!
Ray

Folks,
Could everybody ensure they are familiar with the A/CAM code-of-conduct, thanks
Ray
tor lives

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:27 pm

Ok here you go, include this as the proposed category. I would also propose that category 'ME18 - Civil Airliners' be renamed to 'ME18 - Airliners and Derivatives' as to avoid any confusion.

ME20 - Civil and Racing Aircraft
Not limited by scale.
An OPEN category not limited by Out Of Box or Modified rules.

Civil Aircraft - any aircraft that is privately owned and not an airliner, airliner derivative or operating in a commercial livery.

Air Racer - any aircraft in a racing livery.

It's simple, to the point and makes a clear distinction between the airliners category and standard categories which would become military only.
_BlackHawk_

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:34 pm

_BlackHawk_ wrote:Ok here you go, include this as the proposed category. I would also propose that category 'ME18 - Civil Airliners' be renamed to 'ME18 - Airliners and Derivatives' as to avoid any confusion.

[b]ME20 - Civil and Racing Aircraft
Not limited by scale.
An OPEN category not limited by Out Of Box or Modified rules.

Civil Aircraft - any aircraft that is privately owned and not an airliner, airliner derivative or operating in a commercial livery.

I like this except I think it shouldn't be limited to privately owned aircraft as there are many aircraft operated by companies that aren't for commercial purposes. For example NASA aircraft or training aircraft (SIA Learjet, QF HS125 etc).
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:53 pm

Easy fixed, add 'corporation' into it and it's solved. Remember the category descriptions are guides, they are not set in stone and there are occasionally grey areas. For example, if I were to enter an RAAF Doriner 24, is it axis or allied? In those cases, Mic has said to me (I sit on the scrutineers table regularly and like doing it) that the modeller can have the option. Another example, the captured IL-10 in US markings, allied or axis?

Don't see the categories as rigid, they are there to provide some framework to the show, but can be bent here and there.
_BlackHawk_

Next

Return to Model Talk