A/CAM Model Expo Display

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: A/CAM Model Expo Display

Postby tor lives » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:04 am

34DAF900 wrote:Sorry guys, could not make it, got crook Thursday and only now starting to feel human again.

Looking forward to the pictures

You are there in spirit Ray :D . Seriously though, I am sorry to hear that you fell ill, and I hope you are feeling a bit better now. We will look forward to seeing some of your outstanding models on the A/CAM display table next year.
Ray
tor lives

Postby Capt NG » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:54 am

What a week Ray.. You get redeployed and promoted within QF...And then A/CAM is a success at expo...good job old boy..
It's hard for me to get used to these changing times... I remember when the air was clean and the sex was dirty..
Capt NG

Postby F-27pax » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:09 am

Thanks for posting all those photos which look great. I'm really looking forward to seeing the display in the plastic (and resin?). Sorry that I can't make it on Sunday but I'll be there to have a good look on Monday.
Leigh
F-27pax

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:12 pm

Thanks Ray for the inaugural A/CAM lunch today at Expo. Membership has it's benefits! Great to catch up with fellow A/CAM'ers and share a few stories and laughs too. This weekend has certainly got me pumped to get building for Expo 2015.

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Tony P » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:05 pm

Who got the prizes in the airliner category? Hope our fellow acamers did well. Look forward to seeing everything and everyone tomorrow.
You don’t concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done- Chuck Yeager.
Tony P

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:14 pm

hrtpaul wrote:Had a cracker day. Firstly the A/CAM stand looks awesome. And all the models are brilliant. I counted about 32 models that'd qualify for the civvy category which is great. Them together with the other airliner model look amazing. A huge pat on the back for everyone involved. It was great to catch up with a whole heap of great blokes and have a chat with them. No gimps were sighted throughout the day :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I'm currently uploading my pics to Photobucket so I'll get a link up ASAP (yes I am THAT lazy). Hope to see a few of ya tomorrow for another round of plastic heaven :)

Need another Beaufighter print?
_BlackHawk_

Postby Knotty » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:39 pm

TOAM wrote:Who got the prizes in the airliner category? Hope our fellow acamers did well. Look forward to seeing everything and everyone tomorrow.

1st went to a 1/72 scale Cessna 180 , 2 nd to a 1/72 Concorde ,3 to a TU-134 , I got a commened for my Lear .
Knotty

Postby Ericg » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:42 pm

Good on you knotty.

I had a quick look through the airliner category and there were some pretty impressive stuff there.

Was great to catch up with everyone and will see you tomorrow for the swap and sell and presentations.

Eric
Ericg

Postby Knotty » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:41 pm

Ericg wrote:Good on you knotty.

I had a quick look through the airliner category and there were some pretty impressive stuff there.

Was great to catch up with everyone and will see you tomorrow for the swap and sell and presentations.

Eric

Thanks Eric , you did well with your models .....congratulations !!!
Knotty

Postby tor lives » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:06 pm

Well......another Model Expo has come and gone and what an excellent event it was!!!. On behalf of A/CAM I would like to thank Rene, Ed, and all the hard-working Model Expo guys for putting on another great show .....well done guys!!!
I would also like to thank all the A/CAMers who supported our inaugural display. Good on ya blokes....it was great catching up with everyone....thanks very much to those who contributed some truly magnificent models for our A/CAM table or just popped in for some moral support and to "fly the A/CAM flag" . I think when can consider our display this year to have been a resounding success as it certainly achieved it's goal of raising the profile of our site. I especially want to thank Knotty and the efforts he put in for our display....for those that may not know, Knotty constructed the display shelving, contributed many models, and transported the display equipment to/from the venue. He also helped me set-up and take down the display. Thanks Knotty!!!!
Finally....congratulations to those A/CAMers who won trophies in this year's competition categories, including Eric and Knotty.
Let's do it all again next year :D
Ray
PS: and the good news is that, as a result of our display this year, we appear to be now well on our way to establishing the new "Civil Aircraft" category for next year.
tor lives

PreviousNext

Return to Model Talk