Show us what you last bought....the thread...

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Show us what you last bought....the thread...

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:36 pm

From the LHS

To be an aggressor egg
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Ansett A330 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:25 am

and

Ansett A330

Postby TheChronicOne » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:38 am

Got the 300 dirt cheap at $14 AFTER shipping and the other I can't remember but it wasn't too bad. like... $25-30 or something.

-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby TheChronicOne » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:29 am

I've been exceedingly broke lately (it's that time of year in the Northern hemispehre.... about 40-50% of my income comes from mowing lawns.... ) but I had to have this thing when I saw it!

Too cool... this goes in my collection of Pre-War "oddball" airliners such as that G-38 and my Dornier Do-X.
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:32 pm

Yet another would be aggressor F-16 in 1/72 this time
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby VH-WAL » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:31 pm

How many in the stash Paul?
VH-WAL

Postby TheChronicOne » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:40 pm

These aren't in the U.S. very often for sale. I was able to get it for a good price so I snapped it up. It's reported to be very beastly and a huge pain in the ass to build. Scalemates says it's EE's own making but I suspect otherwise due to the lack of landing gear (contrary to the box art). One kit Scalemates doesn't have (even prior to the recent troubles) is the Baco Vaso Il-96 which comes without landing gear. This is why I think Eastern Express probably wound up with the same oulds and that this is, in fact, not a kit of their own making. I could be wrong. I haven't opened the Baco kit so I can't do a direct comparison. I'm sort of funny about my sealed stuff.. I like it to remain sealed until I do something with it.

Baco Vaso. Already have these, these aren't part of the new stuff.

So now I have two separate boxings of Il-96 from two different makers. As I said, I suspect they're the same mould but it's still pretty neat anyway!!! I imagine Zvesda may make an Il-96 some day but for now, there's not exactly a lot of Il-96 kits running around.

Next up, some stuff I wouldn't normally buy but they were very reasonable. I got all this stuff for the price just one of the 1/200 747s would normally go for. I stay in 1/144 for now but the time may come when I delve into 1/200. In fact, I'm sure it's inevitable. May be a few years.... but.... still. I like the 727. I want kits of 727 in ANY scale as it is one of my favorites. Lastly, the Dragon kit there... those are so neat!! 1/400 scale and I DO plan to buy more. I haven't done a lick of research about them but they're just so cool. I also collect the old Airfix kits in the same style of card and blister display hangers.

This is about the entirety of the stuff I bought last month. Very very broke right now so my kit buying as damn near stopped completely. That said, I allowed myself to blow $100 the other day because I just got my check (all gone now bascially! :lol: ) because my birthday is in 3-4 days or something so I'll post that when it gets here. Strange thing is, I don't think any of it is civil or airliners. :oops: :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:45 pm

VH-WAL wrote:How many in the stash Paul?

Aggressors or F-16's Wally?
F-16's :- 16 in all scales
Aggressors (incl F-16's) :- 66 in mostly 1/48. 3 F-16's and 4 Scooters in 1/32
hrtpaul

Postby VH-WAL » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:09 pm

hrtpaul wrote:
VH-WAL wrote:How many in the stash Paul?

Aggressors or F-16's Wally?
F-16's :- 16 in all scales
Aggressors (incl F-16's) :- 66 in mostly 1/48. 3 F-16's and 4 Scooters in 1/32

Awesome
VH-WAL

Postby TheChronicOne » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:39 am

Yay!! Found me a cheap lil Super Jet!! I got it for a good price so I had to have it. I have two now. :)

-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

PreviousNext

Return to Model Talk