Show us what you last bought....the thread...

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Show us what you last bought....the thread...

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Stoked. Got a set of 1/32 Iranian Air Force F-4 decals all the way from Iran 8-) 8-)
1 of my Revell F-4E's will be this jet

And my RF-4E will be this jet
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:47 pm

Went to my local today ( https://www.modelsandhobbies4u.com.au/ ) and Chris had something waiting for me. The new release of the 1/72 Airfix Tiger Moth. It contains Both a Royal Navy version as well as an RAAF Tiger Moth operated in PNG during WW2. I already have decals for the RAAF one, so the RN plane is a nice addition. This one is the 11th example in the stash of this lovely little kit.
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:20 am

hrtpaul wrote:Went to my local today ( https://www.modelsandhobbies4u.com.au/ ) and Chris had something waiting for me. The new release of the 1/72 Airfix Tiger Moth. It contains Both a Royal Navy version as well as an RAAF Tiger Moth operated in PNG during WW2. I already have decals for the RAAF one, so the RN plane is a nice addition. This one is the 11th example in the stash of this lovely little kit.

I found a couple of those at Toyworld Northland, but at $24, I thought they were a bit overpriced. Might have to head out your way soon..
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:52 pm

Cap'n Wannabe wrote:
hrtpaul wrote:Went to my local today ( https://www.modelsandhobbies4u.com.au/ ) and Chris had something waiting for me. The new release of the 1/72 Airfix Tiger Moth. It contains Both a Royal Navy version as well as an RAAF Tiger Moth operated in PNG during WW2. I already have decals for the RAAF one, so the RN plane is a nice addition. This one is the 11th example in the stash of this lovely little kit.

I found a couple of those at Toyworld Northland, but at $24, I thought they were a bit overpriced. Might have to head out your way soon..

Thanks for the warning 8-) 8-) 8-)
hrtpaul

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:02 pm

No need for a visit now...after you told me what you paid, I went back to Northland and got 'em.
Besides, you'll be seeing enough of me in the not-too-distant future...
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby Ansett A330 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:41 pm

Ansett A330

Postby TheChronicOne » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:48 am

I love finding hauls like that!

Anyway, found some stuff of my own beginning with this:

Then for the models:

-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby F-27pax » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:43 pm

I was so disappointed with my old Airfix DC-10 that I ended up throwing it in the bin after many hours of fruitless struggle. To renew my state of happiness (but not my bank balance) I ordered the Authentic Airliners DC-10-30 which arrived today. I also ordered their Convair 240 which also looks superb. I already have decals for the Air New Zealand DC-10-30 but I'll have to wait until somebody makes TAA Convair 240 decals before having a go at that.

F-27pax

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:33 pm

I'll try this again in the right thread :oops: :oops: :oops: Bought one of these nail polish racks to store my Alclad etc on. I got the 5 shelf one as it fits where I need it to and cost me about $22. Money well spent I reckon. I might have to grab another me thinks :)

Here it is almost full. I need to reorganise it but I'm pretty happy with it.
hrtpaul

Postby TheChronicOne » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:23 am

Never seen this one before so I had to have it. Got it for a damn decent price, too, at $13 and another $11 in shipping.

On the war monger side, I picked this sucker up for $15 (and whatever shipping it was... $8 and some change).

Some more neato stuff should be on the way soon depending on whether or not I win a third auction.
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

PreviousNext

Return to Model Talk