Show us what you last bought....the thread...

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Show us what you last bought....the thread...

Postby TheChronicOne » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:39 am

Thanks for the info and links, folks! These are likely to sit around for years before I do anything to them anyway. :oops:
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby TheChronicOne » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:56 am

This beastly airliner boat:

-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby TheChronicOne » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:12 am

Mail Call!

I got this one in yesterday and finally got around to opening it:

Could only be purchased in the stadium at the baseball games! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby VH-WAL » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:13 am

you gonna hit that one outta the park?.. did you have to pay an expensive "collectors" price?

cheers
wal
VH-WAL

Postby TheChronicOne » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:23 am

It's going to stay in the dugout!! More like in the owners lounge. I won't build one unless I can find another. Plans are for now to try to find some Electra decals to go on a 1/144 Minicraft kit or something. There's this one dude on eBay trying to sell reproduction decals for the kit......... asking $40 alone for the sheet of decals!!!! Nuttery, I say!!

I actually did pretty good, the kit was $73 and shipping was another $10. It's all there, all sealed up, box in great shape. Definitely happy with it. :)
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby VH-WAL » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:05 am

TheChronicOne wrote:It's going to stay in the dugout!! More like in the owners lounge. I won't build one unless I can find another. Plans are for now to try to find some Electra decals to go on a 1/144 Minicraft kit or something. There's this one dude on eBay trying to sell reproduction decals for the kit......... asking $40 alone for the sheet of decals!!!! Nuttery, I say!!

I actually did pretty good, the kit was $73 and shipping was another $10. It's all there, all sealed up, box in great shape. Definitely happy with it. :)

pretty sure I have some 1/144 KLM electra decals somewhere... I'll have I look when I get back home in a few weeks

cheers
wal
VH-WAL

Postby TheChronicOne » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:30 pm

Many thanks! I would need the Dodgers livery though. I have decals for the kit (Eastern Airlines), they're just not the Dodgers. If I want to build this Dodgers plane I either have to use the Revell kit and transfers, (I don't want to and it's the wrong scale anyway) or pay ol' boy $40 for his. I know it takes a lot of work and some materials to make these things but $40?? PLUS shipping?! No way, man!!!! :D
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby TheChronicOne » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:14 am

One of yous guys was talking about these out on Facebook and I said "I gotta get these!!!!!!" I found 2 of 3 them. Very neat stuff. I haven't looked at the Fine Scale Modeler one yet, but I read some and flipped through the red one and it is FULL of valuable information. Good shit, not no "fluff." Weird thing is, I've had them both for about a week a now. Sometimes I'm slow processing my mail even when there isn't a lot of it.

But anyway....

:) :)

I have a feeling that this is but the start to ammassing a healthy collection of Airliner books, be them model-building specific, or otherwise. 8-)
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby F-27pax » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:08 pm

I've got a feeling that I've seen a copy of the Fine Scale Modeler one. Am I correct in thinking that the airliner on the cover of it is an A.300 in the Air Nugini Bird of Paradise scheme? I have the Hawkeye set for that but was a bit dubious about how it would go on a model, bit it looks very nice there.
F-27pax

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:34 pm

From left to right:

Pegaso 1/48 Mooney Mite
Pegaso 1/48 Ryan Navion
Bandai 1/48 Mooney Super 21
Pegaso 1/48 Stinson 105
Pegaso 1/48 Republic Sea Bee
Bandai 1/48 Aero Subaru....this looks like one of the pre-production prototypes
Model USA 1/48 Cessna Bird Dog
Monogram 1/32 Piper Tri-Pacer
Nichimo 1/48 Cessna 172
There's also as Esci/Ertl 1/28 Lockheed Vega in with the 172.

The Pegaso kits are very simple - only a few pieces each, and none of them have clear parts as all the "glass" is moulded into the fuselage sides. This leaves me with an interesting dilemma...what to do about it. I can either build them "OOB" and paint the windows on or cut the windows out and make clear ones. The first option won't look very realistic, but the second option means scratchbuilding the interior..
Of note is the Sea Bee. I suspect that it was released by another company (the name escapes me at the moment, but I have one in the stash) in clear plastic..

Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

PreviousNext

Return to Model Talk