Show us what you last bought....the thread...

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Show us what you last bought....the thread...

Postby F-27pax » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:23 am

Frankly, the reason I'm a seller is only partly to get rid of the follies of my youth. It's also not mainly so I have first look at the stuff for sale in a relatively quiet atmosphere, although that happens and I sold a couple of nice little things before the doors opened. The main reason is to avoid the queue and the crush, which seemed exceptional this year. It cost $30 to have a table there and that gets two of us in, which means only $15 each, and it's worth it just to avoid the crush of the great unwashed. In addition, it's a place where club members can leave their purchases or come and stand behind the table for a while to recover. Most of all, just about anybody who is anybody wanders past at some stage and the swap and sell is a great chance to catch up with a lot of my modelling friends. Unfortunately, I'm starting to run out of follies of my youth so if you get to the swap and sell in a couple of years and find there's nothing on my table, you know why I'm still there.

The crowd this year was exceptional. In past years the crowd had thinned out by about a quarter to 11 and it's possible to have a good look at what's for sale. This year I went for a look at about 11.30 and there were still too many people. Usually trade has dropped off so much that by about 11.15 we're thinking of packing up but this year we didn't get away until about 12 and I was taking things out of potential buyers hands even then so we could pack and get away. Maybe I should have spend a few $$$ on cheap stuff that I can put on the table next year. Perhaps not.

Leigh
F-27pax

Postby tor lives » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:40 am

I am thinking I might just give it a miss next year......save myself some money and some sanity.
I like Brad's idea of just sitting in the canteen drinking coffee and talking crap with mates :D .
TOR
tor lives

Postby BradG » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:26 pm

I thought that the growing online sales market would have made a bit of a dent in swap and sell crowds, but it doesn't seem to have. There's a lot more modellers in Victoria than I think we realise.
BradG

Postby BradG » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:23 pm

I'm going Japanese.

BradG

Postby oz rb fan » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:50 pm

it's a stunning kit Brad........i've had mine since before newyears.....but i think i'll be using different markings for mine.
oz rb fan

Postby BradG » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:13 pm

oz rb fan wrote:it's a stunning kit Brad........i've had mine since before newyears.....but i think i'll be using different markings for mine.

Yeh everyone does the 244th, I have the decals for the 'Yontan' Tony, that's what this will be.
BradG

Postby Wedgetail » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:26 pm

Yeh everyone does the 244th, I have the decals for the 'Yontan' Tony, that's what this will be.[/quote]

That should look different from the usual 244th Tony's Brad. Something different.

I just bought Kinetics C2 Greyhound, heck the real aircraft must be a fair size. A set of seat belts for my yet to arrive from Hannants 1/32 Yak 3.
Plus I couldn't resist getting another IDF Nagmashot which is really the original Nagmachon series.

Cheers
Wayne
Wedgetail

Postby BradG » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:42 pm

Garage sale acquisitions today.

BradG

Postby Ansett A330 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:01 pm

Not into 1:200 but there were some great subjects in that Dragon range when it came out and just had to buy them as they looked so good.

Can't wait to see progress on the Bear ...
Ansett A330

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:44 pm

Give ya $1.50 for the Corsair...
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

PreviousNext

Return to Model Talk