Model Expo 2024

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Model Expo 2024

Postby hrtpaul » Thu May 09, 2024 10:23 pm

RayS wrote:with a visit to RIAT being a big part of the trip.

That's enough reason for me to hate you now :lol: :lol: :lol:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby erussell » Fri May 17, 2024 8:16 pm

There is doom and gloom every year about Model Expo. However it is going ahead.
1. As noted by others here, the small cost increases are absolutely necessary to cover the costs of running the show. Everything has gone up but venue hire and insurance are major drivers of cost.
2. If you are a modeller, enter a model - it gives you free entry for three days. Some people have entered things which are barely models or, generously, a heap of crap. Do the Committee mind - not at all. :D
3. It is to be expected that as the costs for traders increase there will be fewer. The table hire is a minor part if you are from interstate - transport and accommodation are the drivers. Members outside Melbourne will have noticed Red Roo now does not go to interstate shows - it's not table costs but that we just can't afford the transport and accommodation costs.
4. It is a pity there wil be no ACAM display as it is always interesting - perhaps next year?
5. Fee for club tables? New to me - perhaps someone could enlighten me?
6. Changes in Model Expo? We are always trying to improve. Any modellers' ideas are always looked at.
Ed Russell @ Red Roo Models
erussell

Postby BradG » Sat May 18, 2024 12:41 am

The lack of interstate traders is disappointing, I mean I want to see shops that I don't normally, or can't just get in the car and drive to. The expo website mentions that there may be a cost for club tables and for power if required.
BradG

Postby tor lives » Sat May 18, 2024 2:40 pm

erussell wrote:There is doom and gloom every year about Model Expo. However it is going ahead.
1. As noted by others here, the small cost increases are absolutely necessary to cover the costs of running the show. Everything has gone up but venue hire and insurance are major drivers of cost.
2. If you are a modeller, enter a model - it gives you free entry for three days. Some people have entered things which are barely models or, generously, a heap of crap. Do the Committee mind - not at all. :D
3. It is to be expected that as the costs for traders increase there will be fewer. The table hire is a minor part if you are from interstate - transport and accommodation are the drivers. Members outside Melbourne will have noticed Red Roo now does not go to interstate shows - it's not table costs but that we just can't afford the transport and accommodation costs.
4. It is a pity there wil be no ACAM display as it is always interesting - perhaps next year?
6. Changes in Model Expo? We are always trying to improve. Any modellers' ideas are always looked at.

Thanks for that Ed.....appreciate your input as usual.
Great to see you on the jet the other day.....sorry I didn't get much of a chance to chat but, as you may have noticed, I was dealing with a bit of an 'issue" prior to our departure.
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Sat May 18, 2024 4:41 pm

erussell wrote:There is doom and gloom every year about Model Expo. However it is going ahead.

Cheers Ed. As you say, there's always doom and gloom every year and yet it's still a great show, every year. I don't listen to that BS anyways. I prefer to make my own mind up on how a model show, or any event for that matter, is going. Not long now :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Previous

Return to Model Talk