Lavochkin La-7, 1/48 Eduard

A place for our military aviation modellers to show their stuff. It may not be civil but it still has a home here

Lavochkin La-7, 1/48 Eduard

Postby BradG » Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:37 am

I believe this is the Gavia kit inside the Eduard box, which is now over 20 years old. It's not too bad, although I will say it does benefit you to test fit everything at least twice.  The Czech Air Force had several batches of La-7s delivered just after the end of the war. Designated the S-97, most served less than 2 years front line service as the factory would only guarantee the glue bonds in the wooden airframe for 2 years. Upon inspection, some aircraft soldiered on until about 1950 when they were all withdrawn from service. I found some profiles which show some of these aircraft painted in the green over blue, probably towards the end of their service life. They should have some white, or black squadron letters on the fuselage side, but I didn't have the appropriate size letters, so this will just have to do. I also added a pilot figure from the spares box, I think he was a Luftwaffe air gunner, but he's changed sides. Thanks for looking.

BradG

Re: Lavochkin La-7, 1/48 Eduard

Postby RayS » Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:36 pm

Nice work Brad, weathering looks good
Ray

RayS

Return to The Air Base