Falklands War Chit Chat

A place for our military aviation modellers to show their stuff. It may not be civil but it still has a home here

Re: Falklands War Chit Chat

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:49 pm

Salty wrote:For all you folks that have a grunty sim, some pretty flight controllers and a few spare hours...it is coming: http://www.thunder-works.com/news.htm

I'll upgrade my computer purely for that sim. I wanna fly a Pucara. Great find Salty :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:31 am

Good excuse to built a new desktop. Current desktop blew a power supply and took out the video card and extra RAM I had in it and before that the old CRT I had on it exploded so it's only running a crappy screen and cheap bits to do all the publishing things at the moment.
_BlackHawk_

Postby Nillus » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:52 pm

Specs on new rig BH?
I'm finally running Cliffs of Dover with latest ATAG patch seamlessly.
Nillus

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:40 pm

I'd be looking for something powerful yet affordable. You can get some pretty juiced up PC's just off the shelf these days that don't break the bank too badly; 4 gighz processors, 16 gig of RAM. 2TB hard drives with Nvidia Geforce cards already in. I know the Radeon vid cards are good too, but I've had a pretty good time with Geforce so I'd probably stick with them. When we made the desktop, 1024 RAM was the best you could get, so it's kinda old.

I could probably almost run Cliffs of Dover on my laptop as it's got a 2.6ghz processor, 1 terabyte hard drive and 4gig of RAM off the self, although running it hard gets hot and quickly.
_BlackHawk_

Postby Nillus » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:10 pm

CofD hates cut-down vid cards you find in nbooks.
I built mine 1 year ago and 3 months ago rid myself of SLI in preference for a 3G single unit as so many sims have issues with SLI.
Latest is the Titan. Ridiculous at $3grand for 6G, but I won't move off Nvidia...great cards with little heat. CofD loves it.
Nillus

Postby tor lives » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:20 pm

Ummmmm.......can someone please translate for me??
What the hell are you blokes talking about :?
TOR
tor lives

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:34 pm

Computer speeds, graphics cards and memory Ray.

The GeForce GT 230M runs Call of Duty Modern Warfare at the highest settings without a hitch, it's a good card, but yeh, it might struggle with the highest settings of CofD.
_BlackHawk_

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:29 pm

COD is for girls. Battlefield all the way :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:32 pm

Computer games!!!! :roll: .....here is an idea, how about you all get your arses back in to ya model rooms and start building some models :D
TOR
TIC of course, I only say that cause I am no good at said computer games
tor lives

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:43 pm

Building my A-4C while watching NRL Origin as I type.
_BlackHawk_

PreviousNext

Return to The Air Base