Jetranger finally done

Showcase your materpieces here for the group

Jetranger finally done

Postby hrtpaul » Wed May 08, 2024 10:09 pm

Well it seems it's been a while :o :o :o I may have got my mojo back over the last couple of weeks and have actually finished my first model in over a year. Life gets in the way no matter what people say. Anyways it's good to finish something for a change. Overall I'm reasonably happy with the Jetranger but it is most definitely a 10 footer. It's really only the window fit and finish that I think is a bit shit. Oh and lets not forget the bloody sanding dust inside :evil: :evil: :evil: As is usual for an Italeri kit, it left a little to be desired. Given that between missing bits that make it possible to build what's actually on the box and the average fit, with a bit of scratch building smaller details it turned out ok. I've probably forgotten some but heres some of the things I have added myself:-
*Collective lever
*anti torque pedals
*seatbelts
*VHF, VOR and UHF antennas
*Anti collision beacons and rear nav light from clear sprue
*Homing antennas and associated mounting plate
*wired the searchlight
*skid steps
*wire cutter bracing
*rotor tie down

I have another in the stash that'll be a Kiowa someday. Having learnt a few things, I'll definitely do some things different. I wouldn't mind picking up another one or 2 of these kits but they've been OOP for a long time unfortunately. Following this build I'm gonna be working through the long list of "Shelf of Doomers" to get some of them out of the way before I start anything new. anyways onto the pics :D :D :D

Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: Jetranger finally done

Postby modelbear » Wed May 08, 2024 10:27 pm

Looks really good. I have this kit in my stash which I hope to build sometime(after I retire) and it is good to see what issues there are and what can be done about them.
modelbear

Postby hrtpaul » Wed May 08, 2024 10:44 pm

modelbear wrote:Looks really good. I have this kit in my stash which I hope to build sometime(after I retire) and it is good to see what issues there are and what can be done about them.

Cheers mate :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Uros » Thu May 09, 2024 6:00 pm

Nice! thats a cool looking model!
Cheers!
Uros
Uros

Postby hrtpaul » Thu May 09, 2024 10:21 pm

Ta mate :)
hrtpaul

Return to Member's Completed Models