1/48th scale HPH Concorde

Show us what's on the bench

Re: 1/48th scale HPH Concorde

Postby tor lives » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:48 pm

A really good Concorde site for all Concorde fans, (and I thought it may be of some assistance to those of us who are currently building one.....or plan to).
http://www.concordesst.com/home.html
TOR
tor lives

Postby Ericg » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:16 pm

Thanks for the link TOR, and thanks to the rest of you guys for following the build.

I have finished assembling the crew figures. I decided to get them into resin first as they are a bit easier to work with and also look nicer! I will be making a very limited amount of them available for anyone else who would like them as well.

Bearing in mind that these are 1/48th scale, they are quite small in person (excuse the pun) so blown up on a monitor, there are a few things that could be improved!

Here are all of the parts, as they came out of the moulds.

Assembled and primed, they should look good under a coat of paint.

Another test fit with the figures for the last time. I will start `strapping them in' next.

Ericg

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:47 pm

So cool! Is that the Check Captain in the jump seat? He looks like he needs to lay off the souvlaki's and do some sit ups - a bit like me really! :oops:
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:13 pm

The crew figures turned out great.....I would certainly be up for a set thanks very much Capt Eric.
Adam, I think that might be the Flight Engineer sitting behind the techys, (and I can relate to that belt overhang of his....to many wedges with sour cream in the hotel room on overnights by the look of it :D ).
I see it's the Captain's sector by who has the jet :D
Loving it Capt Eric....keep the good stuff coming.
TOR
tor lives

Postby Ericg » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:33 pm

In doing my research, this flight crew are fairly light compared to some of the guys I have seen in the cockpit of the Concorde.

Eric.
Ericg

Postby tor lives » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Ericg wrote:In doing my research, this flight crew are fairly light compared to some of the guys I have seen in the cockpit of the Concorde.

Eric.

Just as long as they pass their aircrew medical....that's all that matters :D .
TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:28 pm

tor lives wrote:The crew figures turned out great.....I would certainly be up for a set thanks very much Capt Eric.
Adam, I think that might be the Flight Engineer sitting behind the techys, (and I can relate to that belt overhang of his....to many wedges with sour cream in the hotel room on overnights by the look of it :D ).
I see it's the Captain's sector by who has the jet :D
Loving it Capt Eric....keep the good stuff coming.
TOR

Argh! Silly me - totally forgot about the flight engineer - d'oop!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Ericg » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:37 pm

As mentioned before, one part of the kit that I have been unhappy with is the nose. It is really wrong and Hph totally missed the elegant curve of the nose which will be one of the focal points of the model. I was determined to get it right and have almost finished the master which I intend on casting a copy of both for others to use and also to possibly recreate a really cool sculpture that was made with a real nose section. It would look really good next to the model both to illustrate the visor in the up position and also from a creative aspect as well.

After much sanding and filling until I was happy with the shape, I masked off the 4 raised lines that are present on the nose of the real aircraft and sprayed them with Mr Primer Surfacer to build up the shapes in much the same way that I did on my Aerotech Comet.

Here is the much better nose.

You can really see the difference between the two.

Ericg

Postby tor lives » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:31 pm

Yep.....ya nailed it!!!
TOR
tor lives

Postby Ericg » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:17 pm

One more update before bed.

I have coloured in all of the flight crew and have some shading yet to do.

Ericg

PreviousNext

Return to Member's Works in Progress